Did you know that only 2% of essential oils are made for therapeutic purposes?
Yes, 98% of essential oils are made for cosmetic purposes and often contain components that can increase the toxic load on the body!
Essential oils are subtle, aromatic and volatile liquids extracted from the flowers, seeds, leaves, stems, bark and roots of herbs, bushes, shrubs and trees, through distillation. Therapeutic-grade essential oils are the preferred type of essential oils to work with if you seek therapeutic health benefits.
These oils can be:
- Used topically, and
- Occasionally even ingested
Therapeutic-grade essential oils work effectively to heal the body, transform the mind, and empower the spirit.
Therapeutic-grade essential oils are the pharmaceuticals of the plant world
Plants are live organisms and so are essential oils. They are smarter than dead chemicals and only work in those areas of the body that need healing and balance. This is how peppermint, for example, can have a cooling or a heating effect, depending on what you may need at the time.
Plants are rooted, which means they are masters at adjusting to their environment and thriving in it. They have developed complex mechanisms to stay vibrant, thriving and healthy, and they can do the same for you.
Essential oils are extremely high in frequency, which create many of their healing effects. A healthy body has a frequency that ranges from 62-72 (90 MHZ if you include the brain), flu symptoms are around 52 MHZ, cancer around 42 MHZ, canned food has 0 MHZ, and fresh produce about 15 MHZ. Essential oils have between 52-320 MHZ which, when they are used properly, simply won’t allow the co-existence of lower frequencies in the body that often manifest in disease. Like frequencies attract like frequencies. By using essential oils to raise your frequencies, some lower vibrations simply won’t be able to exist any longer.
Essential oils work effectively on the body, mind and spirit:
Essential oils work fast and on a cellular level. When applied, they penetrate every cell of the body within 20 minutes. When applied to the feet, for example, they will even penetrate the skin under your fingernail to treat a fungus. Essential oils stay in the body from 20 minutes to 2 hours and leave no residuals. They increase oxygen to the brain, cells and body which have elevating, healing and curing effects. Essential oils can restore diseased cells within 7 seconds! They have immune-stimulating properties, whether they are inhaled or are rubbed on the body topically. Even those who contract the flu or cold recover 70% faster using essential oils. Essential oils are hypoallergenic because they contain no proteins, which are often the cause for an allergic reaction. If you are using essential oils and there is discomfort, it may simply be that the detoxification is going faster than you are ready for. Simply take a few days break, or dilute the essential oils with olive oil.
Of all the senses we have, the olfactory nerve (associated with the sense of smell) is the only one that has direct access to our limbic brain. The limbic brain is the seat of our emotions. For example, when we smell a familiar scent, it can send us back to an old memory and evoke feelings of that memory as if we had just been there. By using the aromatic benefits of essential oils, we can unlock trauma, combat depression and fatigue, and restore vitality, hope, and confidence. What’s more, essential oils diffused in a room act as air purifier. Studies in hospitals in France show that diffusing Lemon essential oil through the vents decreased infection rate by 60%!
According to ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics and Chinese manuscripts, priests and physicians have been using essential oils thousands of years before Christ to heal the sick. They are the oldest form of medicine known to us and were considered more valuable than gold. Science is only now beginning to investigate the incredible healing substances found in essential oils. Essential oils, because of their high frequencies, can bring about spiritual healing and assist in energy work, as well as invite high-frequency energies into our healing space when we want them to. They also allow us to raise our vibration so we can alter our brainwaves and consciousness to help us access our subconscious and even the Collective Unconscious.
We love Young Living Essential Oils because essential oils must be extracted with care to sustain their healing properties:
- The process Young Living uses when planting, cultivating, harvesting, and distilling a batch of oil is crucial to retaining its vital compounds. Without the exact blend of naturally-occurring plant chemicals, an essential oil can lose its beneficial properties and fail to produce the desired effects. Young Living Therapeutic Grade (YLTG) means that every essential oil Young Living distills or sources has the optimal naturally-occurring blend of constituents to maximize the desired effect. Young Living is able to make this assertion because of its strict cultivation process that guarantees the optimal potency of every Young Living essential oil.
- Gary Young established the term “therapeutic-grade,” now known as Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG), as a guarantee that Young Living will only sell 100% pure, natural, uncut oils that maintain the vital therapeutic potency. As Gary traveled the world studying the distillation of pure essential oils, he saw wide discrepancies in quality and learned that in order to ensure purity and potency, expert, rigorous analysis of finished oils was critical. Young Living Essential Oils plant compounds must meet or exceed specific levels to ensure the oil is natural, pure, and therapeutic-grade.
- On Young Living farms, the cultivation, harvesting, and distillation processes of each batch of essential oils are carefully controlled. Extensive laboratory testing and independent audits are conducted to ensure Young Living’s quality exceeds industry standards. Experimentation performed on Young Living farms helps guarantee the consistent quality of Young Living essential oils.
All Young Living essential oils meet the therapeutic-grade standard.
Young Living offers more than 300 essential oil singles and blends, which can be used in the following ways:
- Aromatherapy & Healing
- Massage Therapy & Yoga
- Personal Care & Household
- Family Health & Nutrition
- Pet Health & Cleansing
- Detoxifying & Weight Management
How distributors take care of the plants, harvest them and distill them are critical to the quality of the oil.